Thursday, May 5, 2011

Self-Esteem: Dove Video Misses Target Audience What do you think?

Dove Donating $100,000 after Video Gets 100,000 Views

Dove's promo video, "Singin' in the Rain" for Dove's new product, a shampoo promising to keep your hair Frizz -Free, misses its target audience. Watching young nubile women turn cartwheels in filmy dresses may appeal to the guy who dreamed up this video, me?- leaves me cold.

Want to keep my attention? Toss in a few virile bare-chested men, raindrops glistening off their rain-slick hair-now that would keep me watching, and engage my imagination.

So Dove, bribery will make this video shareable, but will it help me remember your product? Doubt it. To make a video memorable to women, it needs to engage the mind. Men are visual, while women are aural, therefore, you need to engage a woman's mind to make something memorable. The name of the product being flashed on the screen - forgotten already. Sorry, Dove you've missed the mark with this one.

What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment